FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March, 30, 2020 • 9:00PM
Based on yesterday's comments from the President, we are continuing follow the recommendation of keeping all services and activities cancelled indefinitely until further notice. We are encouraging our members to abide by the social distancing recommendations set forth by the President that were announced and are currently set in place until at least April 30th. We will be making arrangements to have the entire facility disinfected before we open again for services.
During this time, we will have Sabbath School classes available via Zoom Video conferencing as well as we will be live streaming an abbreviated service on Facebook, Vimeo, and YouTube starting at 11:30am. You can find links at gainesvilleadventist.org/live. We also are encouraging members to utilize online giving for tithes and offerings. You can access the Adventist Giving site at gainesvilleadventist.org/giving or by downloading the AdventistGiving App on iTunes or Google Play.
Communications & Public Relations Director
Please see our Construction Update page for more information and important safety instructions.
To view bulletin info in full screen, click HERE
A Place of Refuge, Hope, and Purpose...for the last 125 years.
From Pine to Vine to current times...this is Gainesville.
Welcome to the Gainesville Church! Our church is in Georgia, located about 50 minutes north of Atlanta, GA, with easy access off I-985 (Exit 24). Just head east on Old Cornelia Hwy through Rabbittown and our church is just up the road on the hill. We would love to have you visit with us.
In order to keep you connected, we regularly post our recorded sermons, video announcements and e-Publications on this site.
Message from Pastor Juanfer
March 1, 2020
As I sit here in the fellowship hall, I cannot help but think how great God has been the last couple of months. We’ve always had a place to meet and I think we’ve come to realize that what we need more than a building is the presence of God in our homes. So, I encourage you to spend time as a family and individuals on the word of God. Spend some time praying and meditating on what God is doing in your life.
“The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.” Ex 34:6-7
At the end of March we will be hosting a Week of Prayer. We invite you to make plans to attend.
• By the time this has been printed, we’ve hosted another week of Family Promise. Thank you to all of those who volunteered. Even though it wasn’t held at our building (because of construction) God blessed us with another location and volunteers. Please sign up and help us for the next one. Your help is always greatly needed!
• Paint, insulation, and other things are going up! We are getting closer! To see more progress, please go to our website and watch the videos with the updates on construction. The next few weeks will bring county inspection, carpet installation, new roof installation, plumbing and electrical. Be on the lookout as we may need to meet as a church soon, to talk about a few things insurance may not cover. Thank you for your prayers through this process and continual support!
• Ministry Fair! One of the first things we will do once we are back on the other side of the building will be our ministry fair. A ministry fair is an opportunity for one to see how God is calling you to get involved in working for him through the different ministries at church. There is one thing you can do before the ministry fair. That is to start praying to see how God wants to use you. One thing I know for sure, is that God has placed within you and desire to serve! So, begin praying to see where God wants to help!
• A call to young adults. If you or your kids are in that college age, we are starting to create a group for them. Whether they come to church or not. We meet, greet and eat. The next date is March 20 (we try for this event to be for those who are not married). Please have them RSVP with a text 423 972-9036.
• March 7 will be the memorial service for Leona Bailey. We will have it after potluck at 2:30 here at the church.
• Join us at prayer meeting, Wednesdays at 7:00pm. We sign and read, yet we mostly just pray and praise! Come and join us for a transformational time in your life!
No matter, the place, the trial or blessing, we serve an awesome God. Remember indeed is good!
Until next time,
Stream our service LIVE on Saturdays starting at 11:15am! Just click on the "Live Stream" link at the top of the web page.
All of our sermons and other shared media is archived on Vimeo. You can access all of the videos by clicking the button below or by visiting the Media tab above.
Because of the process it takes to produce our streamed media, videos may not be available until a few days after the service was recorded. We thank you for your continued support and understanding.
- The Audio/Visual Team